WALT: to include descriptive detail in our writing.
We wrote a paragraph describing our favourite beach, using tips from our Success Criteria to transport the reader.
- Use descriptive (specific) vocabulary that suit the style of writing.
- Use language features like personification, metaphors etc
- Use a variety of senses.
These were our favourite lines:
- Tears come to my eyes as my brother splashes me in the face.
- The blistering hot sand boils under my feet.
- Sand scratches at your legs as it races across the open beach.
- Tumbling under the waves makes me feel like I’m in a different world.
- Freezing cold water, even though it’s a hot sunny day.
- The sand burns the bottoms of my feet, as if I’m stepping on hot coals.
- The salty intoxicating breeze isn’t the best.
- When you sprint and jump across the hot sand, you look like an idiot.
- The white shiny sand glimmers in the burning sun.
- My sister brought me my ice cream, most of it was gone when my sister tried to save it, well I think.
- the waves shiny and salty in the sunset makes the sea look like a blue backyard.
- The scorching hot sand squishes through your toes as you near the water’s edge.
- It’s really hot today at Opunake beach, I usp to the sea saying “hot, hot, hot.”
- The sand is black as night, but hot as the sun.
- The summer-hot sand was so hot it was like standing on a hot stove.
- People are running over the sand, which feels like a pan.
- The sand turns into a pan, with you as a piece of meat, burning away.
- The golden sand spreads across the beach.
- The glowing orange sun makes the water nice and clear.
- The scorching fire sand warms your body up before going in the ice cold water.
- The salty water fizzes in your nose when the waves tumble over you.
- The glistening crystal clear salty sea is beautiful at sunset.
- I walked onto the blistering hot sticky sand.
- My toes touch the blistering hot sand as I run towards the cold salty water.
- The golden sand tans the bottom of my feet as I run to the salty water.
- When I dive across the glassy water, I feel like a mermaid.
- My toes feel the cool calm water.